This book sounds heartbreaking, sad and needy. And I suppose in some ways it is.
But don't get it twisted. This isn't a book written for single people. It's a book written for people trying to stand alone and strong amidst difficult personal relationships and dysfunctional family dynamics. It's a book about empowerment. It's a book about resilience.
I read this book just as I started dating again, and hoo boy, did some of it hit home for me.
To be honest, this book wasn't entirely relatable to me, however, the coping strategies and means of finding community and support are very good. I've always loved the idea of "chosen family" and of course Logical Family. It's a principle many of us live by. And not necessarily by choice.
Ms. Moore has a new book out now, You Will Find Your People, which sounds a lot like the Logical Family model. I think we all have to applaud the fact that even in these times of isolation and disorder, there are ways of making life work.
And any positive step toward mental health is a bonus for all of us!

Comments