Things I Found Charming & Alarming While Out on my Lunch Break Yesterday:
~a woman walking around a garage holding a baby and gently patting its bottom, as we all do
~an older man and probably grandson sitting in the window of a restaurant eating quietly but companionably
~a local fast-food franchise specializing in Southern food in which the person on the speaker says "welcome home" before taking my order
~same fast food place in which the young guy giving me my change cups his hand under mine before handing it to me
~my child's fingerprints on the window of my passenger side door
~one of my husband's whiskers clinging aggressively to passenger's side seat and then to the rear view mirror before floating away
~a grey day with a bit of a drizzle that actually made me wistful of winter and thought of Virginia Madsen's line from Sideways, "It's turned cold and rainy here, but I don't mind. I like winter."
~an inexplicable loneliness from having no one to eat lunch with
~traffic, traffic.....my god any time of day or night there is always traffic in this place
~realization that now that I'm back in compact car I can easily make U-turns again
~line from a song by The Weepies "thought of you and where you'd gone, and the world spins madly on......"
~a woman walking around a garage holding a baby and gently patting its bottom, as we all do
~an older man and probably grandson sitting in the window of a restaurant eating quietly but companionably
~a local fast-food franchise specializing in Southern food in which the person on the speaker says "welcome home" before taking my order
~same fast food place in which the young guy giving me my change cups his hand under mine before handing it to me
~my child's fingerprints on the window of my passenger side door
~one of my husband's whiskers clinging aggressively to passenger's side seat and then to the rear view mirror before floating away
~a grey day with a bit of a drizzle that actually made me wistful of winter and thought of Virginia Madsen's line from Sideways, "It's turned cold and rainy here, but I don't mind. I like winter."
~an inexplicable loneliness from having no one to eat lunch with
~traffic, traffic.....my god any time of day or night there is always traffic in this place
~realization that now that I'm back in compact car I can easily make U-turns again
~line from a song by The Weepies "thought of you and where you'd gone, and the world spins madly on......"