I wanted to read this mystery novel for a few reasons. First off, I found it on a list of must-read books and like to see what the so-called experts THINK I should be reading. Second, I've never been much a mystery reader and Agatha Christie is the Queen of this genre. And third, I saw the 1965 movie version of this book called "Ten Little Indians" and really dug it.
It's a good book, and no, I didn't figure it out, which made me wonder if I'm not cut out for mysteries. I really didn't have a clue. I liked the story, the riddle, the set-up.....parts of it reminded me of the great 80's movie "Clue" even though that movie is more funny than scary. I also kept getting confused about the movie I had seen many years ago......was it called "Ten Little Indians"....yes, I think it was. Was the book originally called "Ten Little Indians" and then changed to "And Then There Were None"? Was the poem inside also changed to "Ten Little Soldiers"? Was it changed due to the changing tide of terms and usage? These questions, which are really only symbolic and have no bearing on the story at all kept bothering me and distracting me from the plot. Maybe that's why I couldn't figure it out. Also, I was bored by the 1930's British dialect and gentility. "One more murder? Jolly good! Let's all have breakfast!"

