I think this film showed up in my "you may like" category because Netflix knows I love me some Ed. This is a very beautiful and very heartbreaking film. The kind that makes you ask, what would I do if........? I love movies like this because they seem so very grown-up and feature very accomplished and mature actors. Sometimes those qualities can be hard to come by! It was a strange shock to see Robin Williams and realize this was probably one of his last films though. I have to be honest, I felt sad throughout this entire film and had my heart in my throat. And no, the hubby watched some but not all of this. That would have just been asking too too much.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
