Life can be hard. You don't need me to tell you, right? I can tell you to keep your chin up. I can tell you some funny anecdote. I can post a funny joke, meme, or cartoon. I can protest with you. I can yell. I can have a drink to forget about it for a while. I can take a walk outside in the sun. I can immerse myself in books, music, time with my child and other leisure activities. I can look to religion. I can ask for advice. I can tell you to do all these things as well.
And sometimes all of it will work. And sometimes none of it will work. Sometimes the traffic roaring by on the interstate will ruin your peaceful lunchtime walk. Some days your kid will be an absolute pill. You'll misplace your debit card. You'll forget about an appointment and get charged a fee. You'll get hurt. You'll get pushed aside. You'll feel belittled. You will believe all the bad things anyone ever said about you.
Bad things will happen near and far. Innocents will be hurt. Negligents will be celebrated. You'll get mad. You'll get sad. Some days will be good and some will be bad.
We'll all get up the next morning and do it all over again. Because this is life. It's what we do. We will reach out for help when we need it. We will offer help when we can. We will love. We will support. We will discuss. We will hold each other. We will keep going.
And if we can't find helpful advice any where else we will just go and watch The Muppets Take Manhattan for this nugget from Nick the diner owner. It's simple, but true.
