12 year-old girl to her mother: I can't believe you had to do all that just to have me.
Mother: MmmHmmm.
12 year-old girl: But I don't want to have to touch the parts. Do you have to touch their parts?
Mother: You do have to touch their parts, yes.
12 year-old girl: (speechless)
Mother: Of course, not yet. But someday you will actually want to touch the parts.
(The preceding was that good ole birds and the bees talk a dear friend of mine had with her pre-pubescent daughter. You've got to laugh at it, people, or you'll lose your mind.)
Mother: MmmHmmm.
12 year-old girl: But I don't want to have to touch the parts. Do you have to touch their parts?
Mother: You do have to touch their parts, yes.
12 year-old girl: (speechless)
Mother: Of course, not yet. But someday you will actually want to touch the parts.
(The preceding was that good ole birds and the bees talk a dear friend of mine had with her pre-pubescent daughter. You've got to laugh at it, people, or you'll lose your mind.)