This is a pretty interesting mystery thriller written in the mid 1950's and set against the backdrop of idyllic Italian beaches and touristy cities. I didn't rent the movie because I didn't want Gwyneth ruining it for me. And given how annoying Marge was in the book, I could just imagine her portrayal on film.
And it also seemed from the previews that the book probably veered quite a bit off course from the novel. And who wants to deal with that again? I wouldn't call this novel transcendent, but it will make you long for the simpler times when forensic evidence wasn't worth much and rich people with passports could do pretty much anything they wanted. Oh, wait.......
And it also seemed from the previews that the book probably veered quite a bit off course from the novel. And who wants to deal with that again? I wouldn't call this novel transcendent, but it will make you long for the simpler times when forensic evidence wasn't worth much and rich people with passports could do pretty much anything they wanted. Oh, wait.......

