After a trip to the park, there's nothing more my kid loves than Lowe's Home Improvement. From the plants and flowers, to the appliances and paint, all the way to the contractor supplies....he will walk over the entire store looking at and naming items. Maybe it's the repetition and routine of autism or maybe it's for the same reason that I love the smell of sawdust.....maybe it's just in our blood.
Since he's leaving to go to sleep-away camp tomorrow, I wanted to take him wherever he wanted today. This is what he asked for.
Sometimes I get sad that he's not more interested in more "normal" kid activities, but I also can't help but enjoy watching his simple pleasures.
Since he's leaving to go to sleep-away camp tomorrow, I wanted to take him wherever he wanted today. This is what he asked for.
Sometimes I get sad that he's not more interested in more "normal" kid activities, but I also can't help but enjoy watching his simple pleasures.
