My kid is obsessed with our neighbors' dog, Buddy. But we don't just call him Buddy, we call him Buddy the Dog. And we talk about Buddy the Dog all. the. time. We discuss what Buddy the Dog is doing, what he might be doing, what he has done in the past and his future plans.
For example......
Buddy the Dog is sleeping.
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Buddy the Dog is at work. (huh?)
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Call Buddy the Dog. (Makes sounds of dialing phone)
Buddy the Dog says "Hi, Andy! I'm Buddy the Dog!"
Buddy the Dog says woof!
I'm Buddy the Dog.
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Now repeat all of these phrases about 20-30 times per day in the voice of a very happy but very hyperactive 11 year-old boy who really loves this dog.
And that's my house.
For example......
Buddy the Dog is sleeping.
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Buddy the Dog is at work. (huh?)
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Call Buddy the Dog. (Makes sounds of dialing phone)
Buddy the Dog says "Hi, Andy! I'm Buddy the Dog!"
Buddy the Dog says woof!
I'm Buddy the Dog.
Go see Buddy the Dog?
Now repeat all of these phrases about 20-30 times per day in the voice of a very happy but very hyperactive 11 year-old boy who really loves this dog.
And that's my house.
