Since I managed to bring in all kinds of crazy blog traffic by criticizing Wilco and Bob Dylan, I felt this week's Friday Playlist was the best way to explain myself. If you will just look at my tags, you will see that I looooove both bands. And I know that as I fan I can't predict or demand what they will play live, but I can't help but have my own favorites. So since I already posted my Perfect Wilco setlist a few weeks back, here today I will post my faves by Bob Dylan. I know most of them are old and not part of the rotation anymore, and that's okay. But when I think of Bob Dylan and what his legacy means to me, there are the songs I hear in my head......
Subterranean Homesick Blues
It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Highway 61 Revisited
Hurricane
Girl from the North Country (also becoming a favorite of Little Boy.....always a triumph when this happens)
It Ain't Me, Babe
Lay, Lady, Lay
Like a Rolling Stone
Shelter from the Storm
Hard Rain is Gonna Fall
Love Sick
Ballad of a Thin Man
Gotta Serve Somebody
Mr. Tambourine Man
Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Positively 4th Street
Most of the Time
Maggie's Farm
Subterranean Homesick Blues
It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Highway 61 Revisited
Hurricane
Girl from the North Country (also becoming a favorite of Little Boy.....always a triumph when this happens)
It Ain't Me, Babe
Lay, Lady, Lay
Like a Rolling Stone
Shelter from the Storm
Hard Rain is Gonna Fall
Love Sick
Ballad of a Thin Man
Gotta Serve Somebody
Mr. Tambourine Man
Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
Positively 4th Street
Most of the Time
Maggie's Farm