
The first time I fell in love with my Honey Bear, I was 15 and the soundtrack was The Cure, Pearl Jam and maybe even some questionable 90's R&B.
The second time, I was in my 30's and it was this band, The Weepies.
I love everything about this band....the fact that they were two singer songwriters who found not only creative passion together but real passion.....they have since settled down and had a family! Now that's creative synergy, people! But of course, what I really love is their music. It's wispy and happy and sad and real and full of so many emotions and thoughts that I just can't describe it if you're not already a fan. But if you just listen to one or a few songs, you will be one.....I promise you.
My favorites (and ones I'm hoping to hear tonight if anyone writing out a setlist is reading this....hint, hint) would be:
Nobody Knows Me At All (which I played for my sister one time on a car trip and she said "wow....who doesn't feel like that sometimes?")
World Spins Madly On (reminds me of my Honey Bear when he was not in the best time of his life a few years back.....much better now though)
Gotta Have You (I have a theory that the line "lying in the back of the blue boat humming a tune" is talking about a tour bus.....somebody tell me if I might be anywhere near right)
Take It From Me (which has one of my favorite lines in a song ever......"Let's toast to the plans we made.....to live like Kings!")
Somebody Loved (for me and my Honey Bear)
So looking forward to a date night with my lovable man and seeing Steve and Deb for another great show (yes, this will be my second). Great night ahead in Charlotte!!!!!
Comments