Did the Earth just turn on its axis?
Did George Costanza just grow hair?
Did I just agree with Rick Perry????
Surely not.
Actually I did. Because he supports the Texas version of the DREAM Act which is a piece of legislation that many people don't support thereby showing what I honestly think is one of the many examples of what's wrong with this country: that for as much as politicians and "regular people" claim to, we don't support peoples' attempts to better themselves. We hate dependency, but we encourage it. We hate crime, but we encourage it. How? Well, in the case of denying the DREAM Act to be passed, we offer the children of illegals two choices to earn a living once they get grown: government assistance or crime. Take your pick.
But fear not, gentle readers, this liberal voter hasn't been swayed to the Dark Side of the ballot. I was returned again to my utter disdain for Perry when I saw him doing what can only be described as "preaching" once the debate ended. And as for the rest of those candidates, well, once the "boot strap" rhetoric gets going I'm pretty much done.
But it was nice to have someone to argue at the television along with me instead of against me. And that made going to bed last night a lot nicer than the debates of the past......
Did George Costanza just grow hair?
Did I just agree with Rick Perry????
Surely not.
Actually I did. Because he supports the Texas version of the DREAM Act which is a piece of legislation that many people don't support thereby showing what I honestly think is one of the many examples of what's wrong with this country: that for as much as politicians and "regular people" claim to, we don't support peoples' attempts to better themselves. We hate dependency, but we encourage it. We hate crime, but we encourage it. How? Well, in the case of denying the DREAM Act to be passed, we offer the children of illegals two choices to earn a living once they get grown: government assistance or crime. Take your pick.
But fear not, gentle readers, this liberal voter hasn't been swayed to the Dark Side of the ballot. I was returned again to my utter disdain for Perry when I saw him doing what can only be described as "preaching" once the debate ended. And as for the rest of those candidates, well, once the "boot strap" rhetoric gets going I'm pretty much done.
But it was nice to have someone to argue at the television along with me instead of against me. And that made going to bed last night a lot nicer than the debates of the past......
Comments