Currently really digging Our Band Could Be Your Life which is a book my E-Roc has been telling me to read for years. This book makes me:
~Wish I had been born 10 years earlier.
~Wish I had been braver when I was younger.
~Wish I had possibly made some totally different choices back when I could have.
~Not like Henry Rollins as much as I once did, even though I deeply respect his intellect.
~Love Mike Watt even more and be so glad I've actually heard and seen him play.
~Still agree with Ellen Page's great line from one of my fave movies, Juno, when she says that Sonic Youth "sucks.....it's just noise!"
It also inspired me to write down and post on my wall at work this great quote from Mike Watt in which he is describing what it was like to work a regular joe job all the while being driven creatively by his music:
"Everywhere else in our lives, we were the tiny little men, but this one, this could be us....."
Spoken by and for any person who ever worked a job to pay the bills but who still holds onto the creative force that keeps you living and breathing. We all get it.
~Wish I had been born 10 years earlier.
~Wish I had been braver when I was younger.
~Wish I had possibly made some totally different choices back when I could have.
~Not like Henry Rollins as much as I once did, even though I deeply respect his intellect.
~Love Mike Watt even more and be so glad I've actually heard and seen him play.
~Still agree with Ellen Page's great line from one of my fave movies, Juno, when she says that Sonic Youth "sucks.....it's just noise!"
It also inspired me to write down and post on my wall at work this great quote from Mike Watt in which he is describing what it was like to work a regular joe job all the while being driven creatively by his music:
"Everywhere else in our lives, we were the tiny little men, but this one, this could be us....."
Spoken by and for any person who ever worked a job to pay the bills but who still holds onto the creative force that keeps you living and breathing. We all get it.