At first she had me. Because I always like it when celebs are real about real life issues: health, parenting, money, etc. But then just as she had me.....wha......oh......oh......she lost me.
I've always had mixed feelings about Reese Witherspoon anyway. According to Kevin Smith (who I am indifferent to but whom E-Roc loves in a completely non-homo way) she is a female douche because she was insulting to his writing way back when and rude to his then-girlfriend Joey Lauren Adams.
How anyone can be mean to sweet lil Joey?
But it was this article where Reese really lost me.
I'm not anti-marriage. (Although I'm not as pro as I used to be.) And I'm all for relationships and happily-ever-after and all of that. But I hate her insinuation that every woman just needs a good man to help her out with her kids. There's nothing wrong with admitting that single parenting is hard and that support is needed. But c'mon now, Reese. I think you just set independent women back a few decades.
And yes, I know she got hit by a car this week whilst out jogging. And yes, that's terrible.
But I'm still standing by my opinions on this one.
Are you with me, Kevin?
I've always had mixed feelings about Reese Witherspoon anyway. According to Kevin Smith (who I am indifferent to but whom E-Roc loves in a completely non-homo way) she is a female douche because she was insulting to his writing way back when and rude to his then-girlfriend Joey Lauren Adams.
How anyone can be mean to sweet lil Joey?
But it was this article where Reese really lost me.
I'm not anti-marriage. (Although I'm not as pro as I used to be.) And I'm all for relationships and happily-ever-after and all of that. But I hate her insinuation that every woman just needs a good man to help her out with her kids. There's nothing wrong with admitting that single parenting is hard and that support is needed. But c'mon now, Reese. I think you just set independent women back a few decades.
And yes, I know she got hit by a car this week whilst out jogging. And yes, that's terrible.
But I'm still standing by my opinions on this one.
Are you with me, Kevin?
Comments