COLORS
My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are grayish blueish green,
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.
Shel Silverstein
To Little Boy:
Be who you are! Don't change for me. Don't change for anyone. Grow. Learn. Stay. Go. Cuddle with Mommy....you're not too old. Be loud. Be still. Laugh. Cry. I posted this poem on your playroom wall long before I ever knew what was "different" about you. It will still be posted on your heart and mine no matter what you come to be or don't come to be in life. No matter what, you will still be mine and you will still be yours.....
Love,
Mommy
My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are grayish blueish green,
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.
Shel Silverstein
To Little Boy:
Be who you are! Don't change for me. Don't change for anyone. Grow. Learn. Stay. Go. Cuddle with Mommy....you're not too old. Be loud. Be still. Laugh. Cry. I posted this poem on your playroom wall long before I ever knew what was "different" about you. It will still be posted on your heart and mine no matter what you come to be or don't come to be in life. No matter what, you will still be mine and you will still be yours.....
Love,
Mommy