This must be one of the sweetest little indie films I've ran across in a while. Being that I've had a little experience with what it's like to find the old high school sweetheart years later, there is a reality and truth to this film that will speak immediately to some. I know the world is full of Jims and Amandas. I know it. But I also know that there are few of us who really ever have the kind of true love and intimacy with another living soul. Don't think for a second that all married couples or even long-term partners have it. Not all of them do. This movie is sad and heartbreaking and beautiful and simple. I was glad my kid was tucked in bed and my husband was out for the evening so I could cry my little fool head off alone. It was the purest cry I've had since I was 17. I feel pretty sure.
This must be one of the sweetest little indie films I've ran across in a while. Being that I've had a little experience with what it's like to find the old high school sweetheart years later, there is a reality and truth to this film that will speak immediately to some. I know the world is full of Jims and Amandas. I know it. But I also know that there are few of us who really ever have the kind of true love and intimacy with another living soul. Don't think for a second that all married couples or even long-term partners have it. Not all of them do. This movie is sad and heartbreaking and beautiful and simple. I was glad my kid was tucked in bed and my husband was out for the evening so I could cry my little fool head off alone. It was the purest cry I've had since I was 17. I feel pretty sure.
