I'll tell you why women don't tell......
Because even though there are laws, you still feel like you'll lose your job.
And if you lose your job, how will you pay your bills?
And if you can't pay your bills, who will you turn to for help?
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because what if no one believes you?
Then you're the woman who makes up stories.
You're the woman who stirs up trouble.
You're the woman who wrecked the morale.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because somehow he will make you feel like it's your fault.
And the blame will somehow be yours.
For the skirt you wore, the smile you offered.
And that one time you laughed because you didn't know what else to do.
I'll tell you why women don't tell......
Because you're not sure who or anyone will be on your side.
You've seen women cluck their tongues at other women your whole life.
And men look the other way and pretend not to hear.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because you keep telling yourself it's really okay.
And it didn't really hurt you or mean very much.
And you're too strong to let it stop you.
And you'll cry in the bathroom stall alone.
And learn how to fix your face.
And fix your smile.
And keep moving because it's really all you can do.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.
Because even though there are laws, you still feel like you'll lose your job.
And if you lose your job, how will you pay your bills?
And if you can't pay your bills, who will you turn to for help?
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because what if no one believes you?
Then you're the woman who makes up stories.
You're the woman who stirs up trouble.
You're the woman who wrecked the morale.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because somehow he will make you feel like it's your fault.
And the blame will somehow be yours.
For the skirt you wore, the smile you offered.
And that one time you laughed because you didn't know what else to do.
I'll tell you why women don't tell......
Because you're not sure who or anyone will be on your side.
You've seen women cluck their tongues at other women your whole life.
And men look the other way and pretend not to hear.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.....
Because you keep telling yourself it's really okay.
And it didn't really hurt you or mean very much.
And you're too strong to let it stop you.
And you'll cry in the bathroom stall alone.
And learn how to fix your face.
And fix your smile.
And keep moving because it's really all you can do.
I'll tell you why women don't tell.