Sheesh. That two week wait until the Super Bowl is FOREVER in sports fan time.....especially if your team is going to the big dance! Of course, you can watch the Pro Bowl but will that really fill all the time? Probably not. So your friendly neighborhood blogger has set you up on some awesome football movie recommendations to see you through. You are welcome.
![]() |
| Rudy A true life film about a blue collar kid who just really, really wants to play varsity at Notre Dame. Men will cry at the end without impunity. Basically, a modern football classic. |
![]() |
| Brian's Song A young Billy Dee Williams and James Caan tackle racism and tragedy in this football/friendship/male bonding classic. Another man-can-cry-without-retribution flick. |
![]() |
| Jerry Maguire A funny and actually moving film about football, family and the true meaning of success. Ron Tidwell has always made me think of the awesome former Carolina Panther, Steve Smith. You tell me. |
![]() |
| The Blind Side This movie is based on a real life guy, Michael Oher, who is actually playing in the Super Bowl this week! Other than that, I've never seen this film and I would take me too long to explain why I hate movies like this, but apparently Oher doesn't really like the film either. So there you go! |
![]() |
| Leatherheads It has Clooney and Krasinski and was filmed in North Carolina. Other than that, snoozers. |
![]() |
| Quarterback Princess The true story of Tami Maida becoming the first high school girl quarterback in Oregon in 1981. I was all about this girl power when I saw this waaaaaay back in the day! |
![]() |
| All the Right Moves It's a great small-town football movie, but I really love the young love story. I watched for the first time as an adult and cried my little fool heart out. |
![]() |
| Varsity Blues I'll be honest, I don't have a clue what this movie is about but it has James Van Der Beek. That is all. |








