Have you ever actually seen a groundhog? They are fat as hell! And their teeth be huuuuuge! Just ask this guy. I'm thinking this guy here would see his shadow everywhere: in the sunlight, moonlight, dim lamplight, and refrigerator light most definitely! But this year Phil didn't see it which means early Spring. So I'm gonna lay off his case today and just hope it comes true this year!
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
