A not pretentious at all and really fun look at music by a music lover. I dove in and loved it right away and couldn't believe I hadn't read it years ago! There are so many things about this book that are instantly relatable, but I must say, the special attention the author pays to the 90's will make me heart him forever. And it's full of so many quotables:
"A whole generation of Southern girls, raised on the promise of Michael Stipe."
"I was just one of those graves that pretty girls make."
"Our lives were just beginning, our favorite moment was right now, our favorite songs were unwritten."
It's almost like Rob knows me. I hope to see him at the club next time! But seriously, this book is really about loss. And I'm guessing when you go through something like that, you tackle it with the knowledge that you have. In Rob's case, it's with music. It's a beautiful book that is also full of feeling and humor. I can't help but wish Rob so much love and want to meet him and hug him. Maybe I will look for him at the club.......
