See? When I get on kicks of movies that revolt my husband from the room, I stay on it! So, this is a book/movie I've always wanted to see and read. And look! It's got Daniel Day-Lewis! One of my top 3 dream mans!
So onto the story.......
Set amidst the turbulent backdrop of Prague Spring, a womanizing doctor balances a marriage to a naïve young photographer, an ongoing love affair with a sexy adventurous artist, and the uprising against communist Russia.
Whew. It's as heavy as it sounds. It's a good film, although rather slow and plodding, but I'm thinking that is pretty much as it should be. All I kept thinking of was the later pairing of the two female stars in Chocolat.
This is a rainy day flick for sure. And perfect if you hate both your lover and your government with equal passion.
So onto the story.......
Set amidst the turbulent backdrop of Prague Spring, a womanizing doctor balances a marriage to a naïve young photographer, an ongoing love affair with a sexy adventurous artist, and the uprising against communist Russia.
Whew. It's as heavy as it sounds. It's a good film, although rather slow and plodding, but I'm thinking that is pretty much as it should be. All I kept thinking of was the later pairing of the two female stars in Chocolat.
This is a rainy day flick for sure. And perfect if you hate both your lover and your government with equal passion.
