Since this film had my dream-90's man, Ethan Hawke, and a little bit of science fiction for my real-life man, E-Roc, I felt certain it would be a winner. The synopsis made me think this would be a little like Looper, which E-Roc and I both loved, so I thought we'd like this.
And we did.
This film is a complete mind-bender. I have thought about hardly anything since. In a way, I really want to figure it all out but I also want to keep the confusion, if that makes sense.
I can't really describe it and I don't want to give any of it away, so I think I can best describe it in this mash-up:
Looper meets Inception meets The Matrix meets X-Files meets Cloud Atlas with a dash of Caitlyn Jenner and old episodes of The Twillight Zone.
Confusing? You bet. But so worth it.
(And on a side note, I began thinking about how much I would love to see a movie starring my three favorite Hollywood dream men: Ethan Hawke, Matt McConaughey and Daniel Day-Lewis. At the very least I feel like I need to start writing fan fiction or something. But if any of them are reading this, and really, what are the chances? Please consider getting together. At the very least sit down in a stark, bare room together and just chat. Sprinkle my name in here and there. I believe there are webisodes consisiting of less, so I feel this could be made so.)
Back to this movie. It's great, okay? It's just a really awesome, under the radar, less than 2 hour great escape that will leave you wishing that better movies got made with more regularity.
(And, Ethan, call me!)
And we did.
This film is a complete mind-bender. I have thought about hardly anything since. In a way, I really want to figure it all out but I also want to keep the confusion, if that makes sense.
I can't really describe it and I don't want to give any of it away, so I think I can best describe it in this mash-up:
Looper meets Inception meets The Matrix meets X-Files meets Cloud Atlas with a dash of Caitlyn Jenner and old episodes of The Twillight Zone.
Confusing? You bet. But so worth it.
(And on a side note, I began thinking about how much I would love to see a movie starring my three favorite Hollywood dream men: Ethan Hawke, Matt McConaughey and Daniel Day-Lewis. At the very least I feel like I need to start writing fan fiction or something. But if any of them are reading this, and really, what are the chances? Please consider getting together. At the very least sit down in a stark, bare room together and just chat. Sprinkle my name in here and there. I believe there are webisodes consisiting of less, so I feel this could be made so.)
Back to this movie. It's great, okay? It's just a really awesome, under the radar, less than 2 hour great escape that will leave you wishing that better movies got made with more regularity.
(And, Ethan, call me!)

Comments