First off, I have to say, my husband and I probably go and see a summer blockbuster about every 4 years.....so I guess it's about that time! And even though this isn't the type of movie I would typically choose, I have 2 words for you:
Chris. Pratt.
I would probably go and see a film of him sitting on a folding metal chair discussing photosynthesis, so there's that.
But honestly? This movie is actually pretty fun! It has dinosaurs for the kids and the good looking mans for me! Also? There's a whole lot of reference and sometimes jokes made toward the original Jurassic Park which is perfect for anyone still living in the 90's like me. And the underlying discussions of lab-created creatures, the rights and feelings of animals, and whether or not science helps or hurts us is always great for the ride home!
Only word of caution, the PG-13 rating should be taken seriously. Some of the dinosaurs fighting each other and eating of humans is a little scary....I would really think about my child's delicate nature before allowing him/her to view.
Otherwise, fun summer flicks don't get much better! And as the Swedish Chef would say: it's 3D!
Chris. Pratt.
I would probably go and see a film of him sitting on a folding metal chair discussing photosynthesis, so there's that.
But honestly? This movie is actually pretty fun! It has dinosaurs for the kids and the good looking mans for me! Also? There's a whole lot of reference and sometimes jokes made toward the original Jurassic Park which is perfect for anyone still living in the 90's like me. And the underlying discussions of lab-created creatures, the rights and feelings of animals, and whether or not science helps or hurts us is always great for the ride home!
Only word of caution, the PG-13 rating should be taken seriously. Some of the dinosaurs fighting each other and eating of humans is a little scary....I would really think about my child's delicate nature before allowing him/her to view.
Otherwise, fun summer flicks don't get much better! And as the Swedish Chef would say: it's 3D!

Comments