I was thinking this movie was going to be some kind of Mobbed-up murder mystery. Not so much. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how this movie could be described. While we were watching it, my husband said he wanted to take a shower and then watch children's television. I decided I wanted to sit in a spring field, eat gummy bears, and call my mother.
Yes, it's dark, people. And with no real resolution.
It had the shootings, the cursing, the unsexy sex, the bad polyester. But the one phrase I kept waiting for and never got? The brash "you think ya betta than me?" famous Phillyism. Never heard it. I was shocked. And let down a little.
As weird and dark as it was, my husband actually claimed to like it, but I did not. The only thing we did agree on was that it made you happy for your clean, simple life. And that we never wanted to go to Philly or New Jersey. Ever.

Comments