So since I'm a lifer for Levon Helm, I obviously had to see this! And it's a really good documentary in that it hits the high spots on his life with The Band, spends pretty much no time at all on his childhood and expounds greatly on the last few years of his life with his last recordings, Midnight Rambles and life in Woodstock, New York. If you're like my husband and knew very little of the man, it will make you walk away understanding a little bit more about 60's culture and one of its more interesting characters. If you're like me, you'll walk away feeling once again sad at the loss of a great man and great musician.
So since I'm a lifer for Levon Helm, I obviously had to see this! And it's a really good documentary in that it hits the high spots on his life with The Band, spends pretty much no time at all on his childhood and expounds greatly on the last few years of his life with his last recordings, Midnight Rambles and life in Woodstock, New York. If you're like my husband and knew very little of the man, it will make you walk away understanding a little bit more about 60's culture and one of its more interesting characters. If you're like me, you'll walk away feeling once again sad at the loss of a great man and great musician.

Comments