Whenever I finish a Ken Follett book, I'm both happy and sad.....sad to see the end of it but happy (and accomplished!) for finishing these massive stories. After The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End I felt like I had a pretty good understanding of the Middle Ages. And with Fall of Giants I know I have learned more about WWI than I ever picked up in school. I don't remember barely studying WWI at all now that I think of it.....and kind of a shame too now that I see how The Great War impacted many wars to come and the fall-out for European countries for generations. With cooperation from Little Boy I expect to put this book to bed this weekend......and then I'll have to wait for the second book of the trilogy.....how will I survive??? Actually I also have Twilight waiting on my shelf. Yes, I appear to be one of the last grown women in the world to not get into this sparkly vampire series. But now I HAVE TO read it since my sister gave me a copy for my birthday. An effort to seduce me into the Jacob/Edward cult? Hmmmm. Could be......
Whenever I finish a Ken Follett book, I'm both happy and sad.....sad to see the end of it but happy (and accomplished!) for finishing these massive stories. After The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End I felt like I had a pretty good understanding of the Middle Ages. And with Fall of Giants I know I have learned more about WWI than I ever picked up in school. I don't remember barely studying WWI at all now that I think of it.....and kind of a shame too now that I see how The Great War impacted many wars to come and the fall-out for European countries for generations. With cooperation from Little Boy I expect to put this book to bed this weekend......and then I'll have to wait for the second book of the trilogy.....how will I survive??? Actually I also have Twilight waiting on my shelf. Yes, I appear to be one of the last grown women in the world to not get into this sparkly vampire series. But now I HAVE TO read it since my sister gave me a copy for my birthday. An effort to seduce me into the Jacob/Edward cult? Hmmmm. Could be......
Comments