Well, this is just sad to watch. And I have to feel sad on a regular basis as it's right on the road where I live. It was sad enough when the restaurant closed down nearly 2 years ago, but now to see the building gone too? It's just heartbreaking.
But I would rather remember it during the good times.....a fun place that seem to be the gathering place of all......good food......"interesting" wait and kitchen staff......and one of the best bars in Gastonia. It really was the kind of place where people called out "hey, Norm" when you walked in. But the funny thing is, it was also the kind of place where little old ladies liked to have their lunch. And where some people went before the first prom (different name and cuisine but still the same place). It was an every man kind of place.
So now we'll just have to remember the good times we had with good people there. The friends we met and met up with there. The bartenders who knew us and knew what to pour before we even sat down. The cute and funny cooks. The flirty waitresses. The wide and varied juke box selections. The fried pickle chips. The weird beer goblets.It was a time and place that many of us will remember. When we drive past that corner years from now, we'll still picture it there. And we'll picture ourselves....as we once were.....
Comments
And I agree- it is sad to see the place go. Change sucks!