
This is my current first read of the year, while I wait for many more books to arrive! :) E-Roc is a big fan of Anthony Bourdain, and I can see why. It's not just the fact that he's a tremendous chef with a long reputation of knowing exactly what's he's talking about. It's also that.....he's, well....cool. His writing, his shows.....he's just so real. He'll tell you the best place to have noodles in Vietnam, the best place to have a beer in the tropics and the best place to score crack in NYC! And I must admit I love the visceral, sexual quality he uses to not only describe food but the experience of eating itself. I feel like I can taste, touch, see everything as it drips into his mouth. But aside from his travel and food books, his first memoir Kitchen Confidential, is a must-read for anyone who has ever worked in or been somehow associated with a restaurant. That's what drew E-Roc in......reading this guy and knowing that he knew. I don't have as much professional kitchen experience as E-Roc, but I like Tony for my own gritty reasons. And I wouldn't kick him or his cracker crumbs outta my bed......
Comments