I think I may have woke up this morning and chose violence.
What's with this money-grab culture we live in now? Has it always been this bad? Everywhere you turn you've got somebody looking to make money, and often times, it's not off people that can really afford it. It's off people just like them, who probably can't afford it either. It's like they're trading back the same cash again and again.
It reminds me of women that host home parties selling products that nobody really wants like gourmet cookware, candles, tacky jewelry, Tupperware and Avon.
No scratch that last one. Avon was and will always be awesome!
But seriously though, who always hosts these parties? Women. Women who are selling to their friends and neighbors. Women who probably also need to make money and don't have much to spend. Thus creating the Pyramid Scheme of roping in more women, I mean consumers and resellers.
And just because I mentioned these old-fashioned brands doesn't mean it doesn't still go on today. These days is more about overpriced athleisure wear, essential oils and cosmetics.
And I haven't even gotten into my REAL BEEF. Which is mostly dudes. Buying and selling used commodities online like "vintage" clothing and collectibles.
I know what you're thinking......what's the problem, Becky? Everyone is selling and buying. They're all getting what they want. Where's the harm in that?
I guess for all the good capitalists of the world, not a thing. If buying and selling in your "free time" is what you want and you consider this a "hobby" I guess that's cool(ish). (Not really.)
I guess I just prefer peeps that make art, music and creations in their "free time" and sell it for the price it's worth. Or peeps who procure awesome vintage shoes and give them to a kid who otherwise couldn't afford them.
But buying "stuff" that someone somewhere considers valuable, hording it and then hoping to become a millionaire off it? Really? Does no one remember Beanie Babies????
Flipping houses, flipping shoes, pyramiding desperate people who barely have a dime, online sports betting.....none of it appeals to a semi-pro socialist like me. But if y'all kids wanna add to the problem, I definitely can't stop you.
But can I sit here and judge you? Oh, for sure. I sure will.





Comments