Reason #6752 why it's hard to work with a bunch of dudes all the time: they don't understand how us ladies need to talk.
Oh, wait. Strike that. They do understand. They just don't want to hear it.
The ladies out there will get this.....go with me here.
You know how you'll go out to the kitchen to get a snack or go to the bathroom, at home or at work, it doesn't matter. And while you're on that errand you'll suddenly think of something. Then you'll come back to your cubicle or the living room or your porch and you'll need to remark on what you thought of.
Examples include but are not limited to:
"I am getting so fat."
"I really need to stop eating so much cheese."
"I thought my period would be over by now."
"Do you remember that movie we saw about 2 years ago with Clive Owen? That was really good."
"This bra is killing me." (slight homage to Pamela Adlon)
Any of these phrases could come up after a visit to the kitchen or bathroom. Some could work for either. And while the sentiments themselves are incredibly unimportant, we still expect a response. Some kind of response.....a laugh.....a clever retort....even a "hmmmm".
And typically your husband or boyfriend will provide that response. If you're sitting with women they most ASSUREDLY will comment and chime in on the story with their own stories.
But male coworkers?
Absolutely not.
And while it's not important. No, it's not important at all. It sure does make for a long day.
Recently I walked into the office and announced to no one in particular how much I was enjoying my Blueberry Donut Iced Coffee from Dunkin.
Straight crickets, y'all. Crickets all around. Crickets for days.





Comments