Hands down one of the best memoirs I've read in a while for it's utter truth and honesty.
I think a lot of amateur readers go for celebrity memoirs looking for dirt and scandal. Mature readers go for insight and character, and sheesh, does Sally bring it here. From her early childhood in the "house of women", to abuse by a stepfather, to a summer of folly and teenage stardom, to honing her craft and finding her voice.....every step is a building block to becoming. And look at what she became.
The romance with Burt Reynolds didn't shock me, but it did disappoint me. Reminded me a lot of the romance of Linda Thompson with the ailing Elvis.
As a lifetime lover of all things Sally, reading this book was a no-brainer. Often when I read books, I want to reach out to the author personally (and sometimes do) to thank them for their contribution and what it meant to me. This is memoir is no exception. So thank you, Ms. Field. Thank you for what you've given us, both in your performances and in this book. We don't deserve you.
