So while it might seem tacky to make a movie on the premise of a 43 year-old ditzy woman who doesn't know the father of her baby is between 2 men, it actually makes perfect sense when you consider this woman is Bridget Jones. I have always been a fan of the first book by Helen Fielding as well as the first movie in this series of three (and maybe a 4th....there does seem to be a cliffhanger at the end of this one) but overall I am a fan of Bridget herself. And here's something a bit bizarre, I love Bridget in the movies more than I do in the books....whuda thunk it? But I think it has everything to do with the warmth that Renee Zellweger brings to the role....I find myself rooting for Bridget every damn time no matter how ridiculous her situation has become. Nothing happens in this movie that I didn't expect, but overall it wasn't a bad way to spend a Friday night....with Bridget and her two lovely mens. Oh! And I also appreciated how the movie made it okay to be in your forties and unhip and immersed in family life and all that goes with it. Some of us have been here for a while......welcome to our world, lil Bridget!
So while it might seem tacky to make a movie on the premise of a 43 year-old ditzy woman who doesn't know the father of her baby is between 2 men, it actually makes perfect sense when you consider this woman is Bridget Jones. I have always been a fan of the first book by Helen Fielding as well as the first movie in this series of three (and maybe a 4th....there does seem to be a cliffhanger at the end of this one) but overall I am a fan of Bridget herself. And here's something a bit bizarre, I love Bridget in the movies more than I do in the books....whuda thunk it? But I think it has everything to do with the warmth that Renee Zellweger brings to the role....I find myself rooting for Bridget every damn time no matter how ridiculous her situation has become. Nothing happens in this movie that I didn't expect, but overall it wasn't a bad way to spend a Friday night....with Bridget and her two lovely mens. Oh! And I also appreciated how the movie made it okay to be in your forties and unhip and immersed in family life and all that goes with it. Some of us have been here for a while......welcome to our world, lil Bridget!
