I don't know anyone who doesn't like Christmas Vacation. I'll rephrase. I don't want to know anyone who doesn't like Christmas Vacation. Because to me, you can know all you want about Marxism, the Great Pyramids, and Botticelli, but if you don't understand this scene......don't bother talking to me.
If you love Christmas Vacation, you know why Ellen loves Clark so much. They've been through a lot together. Did you see the first installment of Vacation? And European Vacation? Ellen is a ride or die chick if there ever was one! I guess that's why she's protecting Clark's greatest assets when the cops bust in......
And who can forget Aunt Bethany? Is it true that she voiced Betty Boop back in the day? A better blogger would've researched that already. All I can say is, did I break wind?
But at it's heart, all the Vacation movies, no matter where they're set, always come down to being about family. Say whatever you'd like about Clark W. Griswold, but he loves his damn family. And as goofball and misguided as he may be, that's something to strive for in any family.
So do yourself a favor this Christmas season and take a trip back in time to 1989 to a suburban Illinois street. You'll have some laughs, take your mind of your own seasonal troubles and have some funny lines to share at Christmastime for years to come......."If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."
If you love the movie you also understand other great lines like "little full.....lotta sap" and the momentous "Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"
If you love Christmas Vacation, you know why Ellen loves Clark so much. They've been through a lot together. Did you see the first installment of Vacation? And European Vacation? Ellen is a ride or die chick if there ever was one! I guess that's why she's protecting Clark's greatest assets when the cops bust in......
And who can forget Aunt Bethany? Is it true that she voiced Betty Boop back in the day? A better blogger would've researched that already. All I can say is, did I break wind?
And you gotta love that Todd and Margo.....the very picture of 80's yuppie mentality, fashion, hair and even names. (How did the carpet get all wet, TODD? I don't KNOW, Margo!)But at it's heart, all the Vacation movies, no matter where they're set, always come down to being about family. Say whatever you'd like about Clark W. Griswold, but he loves his damn family. And as goofball and misguided as he may be, that's something to strive for in any family.
So do yourself a favor this Christmas season and take a trip back in time to 1989 to a suburban Illinois street. You'll have some laughs, take your mind of your own seasonal troubles and have some funny lines to share at Christmastime for years to come......."If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."





