A show with a lot of hype that might actually be living up to it for once. This is every bit as full of the 80's nostalgia that you've heard....right down to the opening music and titles. It will suck you in from the first episode and make it hard not to binge watch it all in one night. With throwback scenes that put you in mind of The Goonies, E.T., Twin Peaks, and The X-Files it's hard to get too scared when the series keeps itself fairly light and doesn't get too graphic. But it is scary. And addictive. You've been warned.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...
