I haven't finished this book yet, but I have to say that anyone as interesting as Cyndi Lauper is definitely worth my time! I have always been interested in all things NYC in the 70's: Patti and Robert, Lou, The Ramones, Max's Kansas City, The Chelsea and all the rest, so Cyndi definitely fits right in. I have a feeling that once I finish this book I'm going to be very sorry to not have tickets for her current show......
Reading this book makes me stop and think about all of the great music Cyndi has made in the past 30 or so years. Of course, who doesn't love "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" but how about her sexy cover of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night"? I also love "True Colors" and "Change of Heart" but "Time After Time" almost makes me too sad to listen to it. I remember once hearing Alan Hunter introduce it on the 80's satellite channel and saying that whenever someone requested that song he knew they must be going through a bad time. So true, Alan.
Reading this book makes me stop and think about all of the great music Cyndi has made in the past 30 or so years. Of course, who doesn't love "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" but how about her sexy cover of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night"? I also love "True Colors" and "Change of Heart" but "Time After Time" almost makes me too sad to listen to it. I remember once hearing Alan Hunter introduce it on the 80's satellite channel and saying that whenever someone requested that song he knew they must be going through a bad time. So true, Alan.

Comments