Clearly, my priorities are all screwed up.
As we steam ahead toward Super Bowl Sunday with an upcoming weekend of non-stop play-off matches, I become one of "those women" who begrudgingly watch the games with their significant others. I like having fun snacks. I like the commercials. I like watching with company where there are hopefully other women to chit-chat with about anything besides football.
Yes, people, I watch football purely for the entertainment value.
I pick teams I like based on the personalities of the players and coaches. I like the Steelers because I love Troy's hair and I think their coach looks like Omar Epps. I like the Bears because I love their coach's name: Lovie. I like the Lions because they are the ultimate in underdogs.
And there's something else I love.....the touchdown celebration.
So if your guy has a good one, chances are, I like that team too.
Who doesn't love Aaron Rodgers' championship belt move? How can you not love Cam's Superman shirt rip?
I mean, c'mon!
And the best is when an opposing player will take a guy's celebration and turn it on him later. Even I had to love when Burleson zipped Cam back in his place. And there have been countless Tebow impersonations.
(According to a coworker of mine, The Patriots aren't allowed celebration or to grant interviews by their coach. They are a team of "us" not "me". Well, isn't that precious and oh so stoic New England? Bless their chilly little hearts. Another of the laundry list reasons to not like them or their fans and feel good about it.......)
I guess I can't help but dig the cutesy parts of sports because let's face it, that's the only thing that's going to keep my interest in something that lasts about or longer than 4 hours. Betty White commercials, funky player dances, even the occasional streaker.....I say, bring it on you grand ole National Football League......bring it!!!
Now excuse me while I go make my party, I mean football, plans for February 5th. And bless the little heart of E-Roc for keeping me and allowing me to watch by his side. Is this love? I think so!!!!!!
As we steam ahead toward Super Bowl Sunday with an upcoming weekend of non-stop play-off matches, I become one of "those women" who begrudgingly watch the games with their significant others. I like having fun snacks. I like the commercials. I like watching with company where there are hopefully other women to chit-chat with about anything besides football.
Yes, people, I watch football purely for the entertainment value.
I pick teams I like based on the personalities of the players and coaches. I like the Steelers because I love Troy's hair and I think their coach looks like Omar Epps. I like the Bears because I love their coach's name: Lovie. I like the Lions because they are the ultimate in underdogs.
And there's something else I love.....the touchdown celebration.
So if your guy has a good one, chances are, I like that team too.
Who doesn't love Aaron Rodgers' championship belt move? How can you not love Cam's Superman shirt rip?
I mean, c'mon!
And the best is when an opposing player will take a guy's celebration and turn it on him later. Even I had to love when Burleson zipped Cam back in his place. And there have been countless Tebow impersonations.
(According to a coworker of mine, The Patriots aren't allowed celebration or to grant interviews by their coach. They are a team of "us" not "me". Well, isn't that precious and oh so stoic New England? Bless their chilly little hearts. Another of the laundry list reasons to not like them or their fans and feel good about it.......)
I guess I can't help but dig the cutesy parts of sports because let's face it, that's the only thing that's going to keep my interest in something that lasts about or longer than 4 hours. Betty White commercials, funky player dances, even the occasional streaker.....I say, bring it on you grand ole National Football League......bring it!!!
Now excuse me while I go make my party, I mean football, plans for February 5th. And bless the little heart of E-Roc for keeping me and allowing me to watch by his side. Is this love? I think so!!!!!!