(Another throwback from 2010 when I was calling "The Droid" by his earlier moniker "Little Boy" on this blog.)
Little Boy and I had our Back to School talk this evening while we waited for his dad to pick him up. It went a little something like this......
Mommy: You know tomorrow is the first day of school. I want you to try your very best this year.
Little Boy (in sing-song voice): Very best this year!
Mommy: I want you to listen to your teachers.
Little Boy (more giggly sing-song): Teachers!
Mommy: I want you to follow instructions.
Little Boy: Kitty stretching!
Mommy: I want you to be nice to your friends.
Little Boy: Meow!
Mommy: I want us to have a good school year.
Little Boy (more singing, this time Elmo-tune style): School, school, school.......school, school, school......school, school, school, sch-ooooo-ooool!!!
Mommy: And remember....Daddy will take you to school......
Little Boy: Daddy take to school.
Mommy: And Mommy will pick up......
Little Boy: Mommy pick up.
Mommy: Just like always.
Little Boy: Always.
And that was about all of our talk before Little Boy wiggled off my lap and went back to his music and looking out the window. We had kisses and thus concluded our Back to School Pep Talk. Let the games begin tomorrow!
(Little Boy's autistic stimming includes a good bit repeating of words and running of scripts from his favorite shows and movies that can best be described as echolalia. I've gotten used to it and generally know what to expect when we have our Mother to Son chats. But I think we both pretty much say what we need to say.)
Little Boy and I had our Back to School talk this evening while we waited for his dad to pick him up. It went a little something like this......
Mommy: You know tomorrow is the first day of school. I want you to try your very best this year.
Little Boy (in sing-song voice): Very best this year!
Mommy: I want you to listen to your teachers.
Little Boy (more giggly sing-song): Teachers!
Mommy: I want you to follow instructions.
Little Boy: Kitty stretching!
Mommy: I want you to be nice to your friends.
Little Boy: Meow!
Mommy: I want us to have a good school year.
Little Boy (more singing, this time Elmo-tune style): School, school, school.......school, school, school......school, school, school, sch-ooooo-ooool!!!
Mommy: And remember....Daddy will take you to school......
Little Boy: Daddy take to school.
Mommy: And Mommy will pick up......
Little Boy: Mommy pick up.
Mommy: Just like always.
Little Boy: Always.
And that was about all of our talk before Little Boy wiggled off my lap and went back to his music and looking out the window. We had kisses and thus concluded our Back to School Pep Talk. Let the games begin tomorrow!
(Little Boy's autistic stimming includes a good bit repeating of words and running of scripts from his favorite shows and movies that can best be described as echolalia. I've gotten used to it and generally know what to expect when we have our Mother to Son chats. But I think we both pretty much say what we need to say.)