Me and my girls at work have lately been all into thinking about going to shows, talking about shows coming around town, and reminiscing about all the shows we've been to.
And now I'm especially excited that E-Roc and I are going to see The Pixies in C-Town next month. We deliberated over it for a while but finally decided it was worth the price to see such a great band that may never come through town again.
A few times, E-Roc and I have tried to list all the shows we've seen over the years both together and separate. It gets expansive, but it's fun to remember. Here I go with mine.....
Metallica
Queensryche w/Suicidal Tendencies
Milli Vanilli w/Young M.C. (I'm not proud of this.)
Elton John
Duran Duran w/Terrence Trent D'Arby
Def Leppard
Journey
Boston
Clay Walker
Rhett Akins
Montgomery Gentry
Kiss
Tina Turner w/Joe Cocker
Dave Matthews Band (numerous times)
Indigo Girls (numerous times)
Dinosaur Jr w/Mike Watt & The Missing Men
Band of Horses
The Police
James Taylor
Eric Clapton
Little Feat
The Weepies
Daughtry w/Lifehouse
Clay Aiken
Taylor Hicks
Peter Frampton
Barenaked Ladies
Everclear w/American Hi-Fi
Fastball
Blues Traveller
Modern English
Debbie Gibson
Jane's Addiction w/Nine Inch Nails
The Cure
Sting
Natalie Merchant
Locally-known and independent or small-label bands are a whole other list and probably some of the best I've seen. You can't beat a small club show......
Los Accidentes
theside.
Supermarket Fantasy
Superchunk
Red State
1 3 4
Voluntary Mother Earth
Reverser
25 Minutes to Go
Crackers and Snackmeat
The Rogue Nations
SAPCO
Emo-Tron
The Queers
Anomaly
Popes on Dope
The Crusties
Guppy Love
Missy Higgins
Cordero
Sheesh! I know I'm forgetting some! Stay tuned for E-Roc's list coming soon as a guest blogger. His is sure to be much longer and much weirder!
This list probably should also contain a list of venues which are sometimes as memorable as the shows themselves. Here goes that one.......
Bobcat's Arena
Ovens Auditorium
Old Charlotte Colisseum (now Bojangles Arena)
Hornet's Arena (now demolished)
Carowinds Paladium
Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
Asheville Civic Center
Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre
House of Blues
SKNet Cafe
Boulevard
Cripple Creek
Neighborhood Theatre
Snug Harbor
Tremont Music Hall
The Milestone
Cat's Cradle
Now if this hasn't made you want to waste a few hours of your life making your own lists, I just haven't accomplished anything! Hop to it!!!!
And now I'm especially excited that E-Roc and I are going to see The Pixies in C-Town next month. We deliberated over it for a while but finally decided it was worth the price to see such a great band that may never come through town again.
A few times, E-Roc and I have tried to list all the shows we've seen over the years both together and separate. It gets expansive, but it's fun to remember. Here I go with mine.....
Metallica
Queensryche w/Suicidal Tendencies
Milli Vanilli w/Young M.C. (I'm not proud of this.)
Elton John
Duran Duran w/Terrence Trent D'Arby
Def Leppard
Journey
Boston
Clay Walker
Rhett Akins
Montgomery Gentry
Kiss
Tina Turner w/Joe Cocker
Dave Matthews Band (numerous times)
Indigo Girls (numerous times)
Dinosaur Jr w/Mike Watt & The Missing Men
Band of Horses
The Police
James Taylor
Eric Clapton
Little Feat
The Weepies
Daughtry w/Lifehouse
Clay Aiken
Taylor Hicks
Peter Frampton
Barenaked Ladies
Everclear w/American Hi-Fi
Fastball
Blues Traveller
Modern English
Debbie Gibson
Jane's Addiction w/Nine Inch Nails
The Cure
Sting
Natalie Merchant
Locally-known and independent or small-label bands are a whole other list and probably some of the best I've seen. You can't beat a small club show......
Los Accidentes
theside.
Supermarket Fantasy
Superchunk
Red State
1 3 4
Voluntary Mother Earth
Reverser
25 Minutes to Go
Crackers and Snackmeat
The Rogue Nations
SAPCO
Emo-Tron
The Queers
Anomaly
Popes on Dope
The Crusties
Guppy Love
Missy Higgins
Cordero
Sheesh! I know I'm forgetting some! Stay tuned for E-Roc's list coming soon as a guest blogger. His is sure to be much longer and much weirder!
This list probably should also contain a list of venues which are sometimes as memorable as the shows themselves. Here goes that one.......
Bobcat's Arena
Ovens Auditorium
Old Charlotte Colisseum (now Bojangles Arena)
Hornet's Arena (now demolished)
Carowinds Paladium
Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
Asheville Civic Center
Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre
House of Blues
SKNet Cafe
Boulevard
Cripple Creek
Neighborhood Theatre
Snug Harbor
Tremont Music Hall
The Milestone
Cat's Cradle
Now if this hasn't made you want to waste a few hours of your life making your own lists, I just haven't accomplished anything! Hop to it!!!!
Comments