Pretty meh. This memoir reminded me a lot of Elizabeth Vargas' memoir in the sense that they both don't want to spoil their "good girl" images of telling too much or being too opinionated. So they both tell just enough truth to keep their readers happy who also don't want to see them in a varnished light. I can't help but wonder if Valerie's upcoming book will share a bit more after Eddie Van Halen's untimely death.
Also, I'm not trying to downplay or misunderstand the struggle because I struggle with it myself, but the constant focus on weight and pounds was pretty boring. I think by today's standards (when you consider this book was written roughly 15 years ago) this memoir would be considered "fat phobic".
It's sad that woman as talented and charming as Bertinelli would store so much by her size. But I suppose that's the plight of American women, especially those in the entertainment industry.

Comments