So I recently read the un-put-downable Mildred Pierce in one weekend, and now I just simply must see the film starring the great Joan Crawford! Seriously! How scathing and wonderful is this novel? How awful is the daughter? How tough is Miss Mildred? I loved the Californianess of it all.....I almost felt like I could feel and see the dreamy landscape around me.....felt like I was in a David Hockney painting. I also felt like I knew what was going to happen, but still couldn't wait to get there. Turns out, I kinda knew but not really. That Veda was a real scoundrel. Wow.....there just really aren't books written like this anymore. Could there really be?
So I recently read the un-put-downable Mildred Pierce in one weekend, and now I just simply must see the film starring the great Joan Crawford! Seriously! How scathing and wonderful is this novel? How awful is the daughter? How tough is Miss Mildred? I loved the Californianess of it all.....I almost felt like I could feel and see the dreamy landscape around me.....felt like I was in a David Hockney painting. I also felt like I knew what was going to happen, but still couldn't wait to get there. Turns out, I kinda knew but not really. That Veda was a real scoundrel. Wow.....there just really aren't books written like this anymore. Could there really be?

