There's so much to love about this winter Netflix offering: the snarky wit, the dark humor, the oh so New York feel, and oh yeah, the death!
I've loved Natasha Lyonne since Slums of Beverly Hills. Her raspy voice and don't-fuck-with-me-sarcasm seems to follow her through every role. And why not? It works, right?
You know what I really love about this show? The fact that Lyonne, along with the awesome Amy Poehler, created and wrote this herself. There's something about an artist taking an idea and then walking it all the way through performance that excites me. She KNOWS what she wants it to be and takes it there. You go, Nadia.
I can't lie. This show does give me the slightest feeling of existential dread, but hey......it's cold outside, it's almost my birthday, I'll go with it.
Bottom line: Russian Doll is not about politics and it's worth your time. Ipso facto, give it a look.
