If you could go back in time and see any show by any band, who would it be?
That's a question a lot of music lovers like to ask each other. So if you take that simple but telling question and wrap it around a story not unlike Back to the Future or Peggy Sue Got Married (and also the even more complicated Predestination) and throw in the nostalgia and music of the 90's, you have got yourself an awesome novel and quite a love letter to Generation X. Seriously. Look at my sidebar over there.....go on....look. Do you see that this book was pretty much written to me? I read it so fast both because it was so good and because I wanted to finish so my hubby could read it and we could discuss it. I usually like to drop a great line or two from a book, but this one has so many I'd just have to copy and paste the whole damn thing here. But I will leave you with this:
"Besides, why would we need music if our lives were exactly as we wanted them to be?"
How much did I enjoy this novel?
I liked this novel so much I'm even willing to forgive that quick jab to Wilco.
I liked this novel so much that I didn't binge watch any TV shows this past weekend.
I liked this novel so much that I seriously thought about wearing torn tights to work this morning.
Now I have to go do some research on the novelist, Mo Daviau, because I need to ask her if she's a Superchunk fan, if she misses my So-Called Life and if I can buy her a drink and be her new best friend. In this life or the next....her choice.
Seriously, if you dig this blog you will dig this book. I've read few things lately that I enjoyed and touched my heart as much. And for that, I do want to give a sincere thank you to the author.
