I probably never would have been interested in this book if I had not heard of this blog some months ago. I'm intrigued that people are intrigued enough to try to replicate life from another time. And this book, which tracks the lives of the Victorian British of all classes, is pretty intriguing too. The author covers all the bases by writing the sunrise to sundown lives of people during the time period including work, clothing, food, grooming and all manner of daily living.
I especially loved this quote describing why many people went to bed early in winter: "During winter, in particular, the cold and the dark encouraged people to burrow deep under their covers at the earliest opportunity".
I have been a winter-time Victorian all these years.....who knew?
I especially loved this quote describing why many people went to bed early in winter: "During winter, in particular, the cold and the dark encouraged people to burrow deep under their covers at the earliest opportunity".
I have been a winter-time Victorian all these years.....who knew?
