My loving husband accuses me of choosing movies specifically to make me cry. I'm glad he wasn't home for this one because he would have had a case. I'm sorry for all you that loved it, but I did not. This movie was a Big Downer. Capital B. Capital D. It had none of the fun of the first movie. Not even some fine-ass mans like Morris Chestnut could fix this raggely-ass shit. (Couldn't help it.) Lance's anger was aggravating. Harper's arrogance was annoying. And Mia, as the long-suffering loved by all Mother Mary? Spoiler alert, but that story was cloying even when it was Melanie Hamilton. (Google it. I'm not spending time on hyperlinks after I just spent 2 hours and 4 minutes of my life on this.) The only character I enjoyed was Quention. Hell, even Jordan bugged me. Watch it if you want to cry. Have some guilt to get off your conscience. Or believe in miracles like a football player delivering a breech baby in the back of a speeding SUV. Spoiler? Sure. But you deserve to know. You deserve to know what you're getting into, my friend.
This story might take a minute to tell. Bear with me. When my sister and I were little girls, my mother took us to a large baptist church in town. Even as a child, I never remember feeling welcome there. But I do remember the lovely older couple that kept my Sunday School class. They gave us saltines and kool-aid, and I remember thinking they would be nice grandparents to have. At Christmastime, the Sunday School class was set to have a random gift exchange. Every child was supposed to bring a gift that could be exchanged with any other child.....no specific gift designations. I received the gift of an Avon 7 bead necklace which was very popular at the time. I loved it so much and was thrilled to have it! I was somewhere between 5 and 7 at the time. (Back in the 1970's and 80's, Avon was a cosmetic company that was also known for it's inexpensive jewelry. I couldn't find a price on what this necklace would have cost back then, but apparently there is ...

Comments