When a Scottish band comes all the way to America to make only a few stops over the course of one month, if you have them anywhere on your chosen device, you needs to GO!
This was how my hubby and I felt when we heard about Mogwai playing at Amos' Southend in Charlotte. So we pulled it together for a rare middle of the week show in the Uptown.
This was how my hubby and I felt when we heard about Mogwai playing at Amos' Southend in Charlotte. So we pulled it together for a rare middle of the week show in the Uptown.
And it was loud. Very loud. But I didn't use my earplugs even though I saw plenty of people using them. It was a real sensory treat with all the lights and how overwhelming the music felt and sounded at times. And to look at the fans around us, I was only more convinced that Mogwai is nerdy people scrumpin music. Draw your own conclusions. I had never seen a show like this before, and I was glad I gave it a chance. We kept talking about how it felt like the music of the future and wondered if we ever imagined something like that existing as children. I left with my ears ringing and a feeling of experiencing something new and exciting. And that's not an easy undertaking for someone who loves music and has seen as many shows as me.



Comments