I don't know if I should feel sorry for, glad she recovered or just annoyed at Mackenzie Phillips. I have a definite empathy for recovered addicts and anyone who's been abused, but ones who milk it for attention and fame.....and who also love to name-drop just a little too much.....I'm not sure. But to be fair, with all the press she did on this book, I knew what I was getting into.
Will make you miss George Carlin. Will make you wish your significant other wrote you little notes. Will make you feel a little like you're invading someone's privacy and wonder why Sally Wade would share all this. Still a good book.On another note, I recently tried to read Cormac McCarthy's Child of God and had to give it up. And just for the record, a book has to be really bad for me to just stop reading it.....I recently did the same with John Irving's Until I Find You. And it's weird because I usually enjoy everything by these two authors. What can I say? If I'm not feeling I don't keep with it. That's just me.....
Next on the shelf is Cinderella Ate My Daughter. I'll keep you posted.....
Next on the shelf is Cinderella Ate My Daughter. I'll keep you posted.....
Comments