It seems like a lot of the great songs written for sons are from fathers to sons, but us moms can certainly appreciate them. These are some of the best songs out there that remind me of my boy. I would encourage you to make your own list and listen to them together. Your son will grow up loving them like mine has.
And I will note, that many of them may not at first seem like songs written to or for our sons, but when you give them a listen with that in mind......you will clearly hear the sentiment.....
Beautiful Boy by John Lennon
Loves Me Like a Rock by Paul Simon
The Best Day by George Strait
Moon River by Andy Williams
Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble
When I Grow Up (To Be a Man) by The Beach Boys
Our House by CSNY
Blanket for a Sail by Harry Nilsson
Broken by Jack Johnson
Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell
I Wish I Could Be Like You by Asylum Street Spankers
In My Life by The Beatles
And I will note, that many of them may not at first seem like songs written to or for our sons, but when you give them a listen with that in mind......you will clearly hear the sentiment.....
Beautiful Boy by John Lennon
Loves Me Like a Rock by Paul Simon
The Best Day by George Strait
Moon River by Andy Williams
Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble
When I Grow Up (To Be a Man) by The Beach Boys
Our House by CSNY
Blanket for a Sail by Harry Nilsson
Broken by Jack Johnson
Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell
I Wish I Could Be Like You by Asylum Street Spankers
In My Life by The Beatles
Comments