I did something I never thought I'd do last night. Well....two things. First, I watched my inaugural episode of Dancing with the Stars. After all these years of hearing what a great show it is from friends and my sister, I gave in. But I hafta say, this is the first season that had a cast I really wanted to see dance. I mean, c'mon, The Situation? Margaret Cho? Michael Bolton? How could I not?So I'm shocked that I watched and even more shocked at how much I liked it. Halfway in I started yelling to my boyfriend (far from this spectacle in the other room) that I could see why people liked it so much. Seeing celebs out of their element and vulnerable (but not in a trash mag caught without make-up kind of way) is very sweet and fun. You can tell they're really trying hard and you can easily see which ones are having fun. So after my initial drive-by just to see what's up.....I realized I was digging it.
So I guess I actually did three things last night I never thought I'd do: I watched the show, I dug it, and I found myself rooting for Bristol Palin.
Yeah, you read that right.
I don't know. There was just something about her that was sweet and appealing, and I found myself wanting to see her do well. It's easy to see that she is shy and intimidated, so watching her come out of her shell will be lots of fun.
So as for the other contestants.......
Margaret Cho is always interesting to watch, but she clearly won't last long. Neither will Michael Bolton. Will The Sitch pull it together? Hmmmm. Will Florence Henderson bring the comic relief and the sexy?
It's easy to see that Jennifer Grey will be a crowd favorite and how could she not? That song....the memories of Patrick Swayze......sheesh! I could hardly bear it! (But I couldn't let myself cry for fear that E-Roc would bolt from the living room to laugh at me!)
I could see Jenn winning this thing though.
And as for me?
Well, I'm a winner already. Sucked into a TV show that I've proudly avoided for how many seasons now? Brought around to liking a girl whose mom I can't bear to listen to?
Yes. I'm the wiener!
Comments
But, I was somewhat glad that it was her bedtime so I didn't have to endure it anymore. I hate The Real World. I want my MTV (back).
Eric makes fun of me for all of it....