Today is my son's first day with his summer nanny. It is his first year with a nanny....ever. Mommy is a little nervous. But as you can see by this pic we took back when he was getting to know Nanny in the spring, it's all cool with him. If he could verbalize this, I think he'd be saying "yeah....this is my Nanny....she's my girl....it's all good....."

It's a little bit harder for Mommy, but I'm getting there. This past year has brought a lot of change for me and my boy. I think he has handled it better than me, and I'm proud of him. People around me involved with my son's education and care are constantly telling me to let him grow up, gain independence, etc. I know they're right, but it's still tough. I don't know if I'd be as overprotective if not for the autism, but then again, I won't ever really know.
The point is, we're trying. Me. Little Boy. And now Nanny. I hope we all do good.

It's a little bit harder for Mommy, but I'm getting there. This past year has brought a lot of change for me and my boy. I think he has handled it better than me, and I'm proud of him. People around me involved with my son's education and care are constantly telling me to let him grow up, gain independence, etc. I know they're right, but it's still tough. I don't know if I'd be as overprotective if not for the autism, but then again, I won't ever really know.
The point is, we're trying. Me. Little Boy. And now Nanny. I hope we all do good.