And speaking of wild teenagers, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. Should this girl be punished? For sure. For murder? Definitely not. This doc reminded me of my time on jury duty when we were instructed that we didn't have to "like" the defendants.....we simply had to weigh the facts fairly. I wish these kids would learn that their social media bragging will never do them any favors later, but hell......would they ever listen?
Goat is funny and cute and has a great message for kids. It also has completely over-their-head jokes put in for the parents, and I always dig that. I totally LOL'd on the shoe fetish sniffer. Ang the goat constantly eating cans. Oh, and the cat licking. It's a damn funny flick, just watch it!
This book did something no other menopausal nonfiction has tried to do: it talks not just about the physical and chemical reactions happening in our bodies but the evolutionary reasons why. That alone made me feel better as I struggle to remember who I am and remind myself it's okay to be 51 in a world that tells me stay 25. Forever.
This new podcast by Blair Braverman (introduced to me by Sarah Marshall) is moving, educational and intriguing. And you can't beat that for time spent in the car!
Also finding my way back to one of my favorite bands since about 2012, My Morning Jacket. These guys and Jim James may have surpassed Wilco and Jeff Tweedy for me. And if you know me, that is really saying something!





Comments